Help Me with Louis Vuitton Vintage Bag
(tulsa ok USA)
Please, give me info on this bag from 1979 gift have not seen any of this kind with shoulder strap.
Robert from Tulsa
VFC: Hi Robert,
Though your bag looks luxurious and in a very good condition considering the fact that it's 1979, there are few bits that worry me:
1. LV initials are not symmetrical(the LVs should be situated on the equals distance from the handles and from each edge of the bag);
2. The rivets cover the stitches (they should be either above or below)
3. Now the shoulder strap, Yes, you are right, unfortunately it doesn't look Louis Vuitton. Firstly the lock.
In Louis Vuitton bags they usually use the same colour metal for all the details: rivets, locks, zipper locks, etc. What we see here is silver colour of metal of the locks and gold colour of metal of the rivets and zipper locks.
4. And then the shoulder strip itself was never produced in this colour: canvas on one side, beige on the other.
5. There have never been brown suede linings mash even in the vintage pieces.
6. And finally the zipper strap's rivet is not in the right position. Have a look it should sit beautifully in the senator of the leather strap, but it doesn't.
I'm very sorry to give you bad news, but this bag looks like an expensive counterfeit, it is not an authentic Louis Vuitton bag.
Vintage Fashion Club