Vintage Fashion News
Here are vintage fashion news, events, exciting exhibitions in London, the UK and the whole world.
New talks and lectures about history of fashion, curious gossips around celebrities' vintage looks and much more. We'll update you about whats going on in vintage fashion every day.
Please see our Blog for the vintage fashion new articles.
London Vintage Fashion News: The Best Vintage London Awards 2012
Saturday 14 Apr 2012
Voting is being started on thevintageguidetolondon.com
After the last year's Best of Vintage Awards, it's back for 2012 on. This time you can take part in voting. The nomination will be open until 26 April. Then, from the 30 April the short list of the top three nominees will be offered to you to vote for your winner.
The glittering award ceremony will take place later this year when the winner will be announced.
Celebrities Vintage Fashion News: Demi Moore Has 'treasure trove' Wardrobe
Wednesday 11 Apr 2012
As Belfast Telegraph reported on Wednesday Demi Moore is a real vintage lover. She has her own vintage collection of clothing.
Demi Moore has a "treasure trove" of retro fashions that her lucky daughter likes to borrow.
Tallulah Willis looks to her 49-year-old mother for style inspiration. The 18-year-old usually borrows jewellery and clothing from Demi's retro wardrobe.
"My mom has a warehouse of vintage clothes that she's collected," she told...
New Season Vintage Fashion News in London: Beyond Retro Spring/Summer Collection Online Now
Make sure your wardrobe is summer ready and check out the hundreds of new items freshly just added to Beyond Retro online store -- the most popular vintage clothing store in London and the UK.
We loved their collection of dresses, which is truly amazing (prices £24--£45). Fresh and colourfull.
Bravo! Beyound Retro!
TV Vintage Fashion News- The Return of Vintage Crime Show
UKTV’s Alibi is thrilled to announce the return of vintage 19th century crime show, Murdoch Mysteries. The brand new exclusive fifth series returns to Alibi Tuesday 28th February at 9pm (Sky 132, Virgin 130).
The Return of Vintage Crime Show
Vintage Fashion News: Kate Middleton's Wedding Dress
We at Vintage Fashion Club are pleased to see a vintage inspired very traditional very 'wedding' dress Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge now have chosen and even designed for herself.
The opinions about the dress are very positive among both high fashion designers and public. Here is what different people around the world think about the dress:
Please fill free to leave your comment on our Vintage Fashion News page about Kate Middleton's dress here .
• I thought it was gorgeous. Very classy and simple. Grace Kelly's dress came to mind, but I don't consider that a bad thing since the former was stunning.
• I'm not surprised by what she chose, in more difficult economic times I would think the bride would want to appear less showy and get a dress that is common enough that even your grandma could have wore a dress like it, of course, with much cheaper materials :P
• What I was surprised by, was the sweetheart neckline and area around the bust which very closely resembled an undergarment, the dress was overall very modest by modern standards, but I guess the lingerie as clothing fashion trend has made its way even into royal weddings.
• The dress was exactly as I would have expected, a mix of royal splendor while still common enough for people to relate to.
• It seems there is no any creative designer out there. It is all copy. That's ok but something that makes us say wow.... It was simply disappointing dress.
• I mean, Kate Middleton has such a nice figure and all the fashion resources in the UK, and that's what she ended up with?
• They compare this dress with Grace Kelly's wedding dress. I'm not agree, look at her intriguing egg shaped skirt, stylish multi-layered silk belt. That's the unique look, that's what you are not going to expect on every single wedding.
• I would call it appropriate and beautifully done, but I'm sorry, I didn't fall in love with this dress.
• I was a little bit disappointed that she didn't put a bit of wow! or that's different! in at least SOMETHING, whether it be an accesory, hair,
• Its called 'timeless' what she wore will never go out of style and she will never have to look back and go...oh crap.
• It didn't have the impact Princess Diana's did (not that Diana's dress would get high marks today but in the 80s it was wow). And it wasn't particularly unique in style on par with a typical society wedding - something extra was needed to upgrade to royal.
• I will give it A for appropriate, and C- for fashion. She looked lovely though and definitely she was elegant and proper.
• The dress that really stunned me was the one of Kate's sister Pipa, that was a fantastic dress and it fit her perfectly. she stole the show with her dress, it was amazing!
• i think she and her sister looked stunning, but Kate took the edge her dress was lovely!
• But still Catherine Middleton did look great on her wedding day. And if the purpose of the dress was not to demonstrate anything (come on, what does she need to demonstrate now, she is already marring a future Monarch) but simply to be there, be beautiful and feel good, then she was right in her choice.
Vintage Fashion News - Frock Me
Fashion has become all about expressing your individuality. Gone are the days when you had to 'fit in' by looking like a clone of all your friends. You are special. You are different. But this doesn't mean you have to look like a freak.
The best, easiest and cheapest way to express your individuality is to create your own style by mixing and matching and chopping and changing tried and tested vintage classics. Even though everybody's doing it you will never see two outfits that look exactly the same.
Vintage is becoming increasingly easy to find and one of the best ways to see loads of vintage dealers under one roof is to go to a vintage fashion fair. Frock Me, established 8 years ago, is quite simply the best vintage fashion fair around.
More Vintage Fashion News
For more vintage fashion news go to The Vintage Guide to London.
Click the image on your left and you will find out the latest vintage events in London such as:
Exhibition: ‘ANALOG – trends in sound and picture’
New exhibition: High Society – the meaning of drugs throughout history
New exhibition: Food Glorious Food, etc.
Want to comment, ask a question or have anything to add?
Please do so. You opinion or question is very important for us.
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
The Return of Vintage 19th Crime Show Not rated yet
UKTV’s Alibi is thrilled to announce the return of vintage 19th century crime show, Murdoch Mysteries. The brand new exclusive fifth series returns to …
Ethel Vaughn presents UBERGANG Not rated yet
THIS IS WERE MY
HEART IS. I CAN HEAR
YOU BREATHE WHILE
YOU STARE AT ME.
KEEP YOUR MOUTH
OPEN TILL YOUR LIPS
DRY. YOU WILL ENJOY
LICKING THEM …
WerleRostásy Silk Couture Not rated yet
Well-being of the highest elegance and femininity with the Silk Couture by WerleRostásy.
The pleasant feeling of silk on the skin is combined with uncomplicated …
ZEHA Berlin Not rated yet
With its unisex Chelsea Boot, the shoe label ZEHA Berlin creates a symbiosis of an assured sense of style and the highest wearing comfort in a subtle consensus. …
ETHEL VAUGHN Not rated yet
ETHEL VAUGHN is the name of the urban fashion label for men and women for which the young entrepreneur Katrin „Kadda“ Weber has created four collections …
WerleRostásy Silk Couture Not rated yet
Founded by the young designers Sarah Werle and Mira Rostásy, the high fashion label WerleRostásy gives back the feeling of pure luxury to the woman. Headquartered …
Ready Steady Go! Not rated yet
As part of Ray Davies’ Meltdown at Southbank Centre Saturday 11th June sees a re-creation of 1960s British TV pop show Ready Steady Go!, the pioneering …
Click here to write your own.
To know latest vintage fashion news first subscribe to our Vintage Fashion Blog
More Vintage Fashion News and Articles:
>>>Go to More Vintage News from Fabulous Britain
<<< Return from Vintage Fashion News back to Vintage Fashion Club
>>> Go to Vintage Fashion Blog
If you want to receive the latest vintage fashion news, retro clothing sales, special offers and fashion events reviews, please visit our Blog...
>>> Go to Vintage Wedding Ideas
Chose the decade which suite the best for your vintage wedding and try to learn as much as possible about it...
>>> Go to Vintage Holiday Ideas
Vintage holiday is an alternative way to spend your summer. When you need a break from your busy city life, office routine and home work you arrange a holiday...
>>> Share Your Story Here
Are you one of us? Do you like retro fashion? Do you love vintage shopping? Join us today and get up to 4 of your favourite pictures retouched in retro, vintage-fashion-club style for FREE!
>>> Go to All of them &mdash Vintage Fashion Fans
Here they are… vintage guys and girls. They live in different countries, prefer different decades, chose different retro stiles and trends, have different tastes and preferences, their reasons to buy vintage are different…
>>> Go to Vintage Fashion by Jessica Cangiano
There is one girl among us, vintage fans, her name is Jessica Cangiano, whose Chronically Vintage Blog is an outstanding online place of positivity, style, deep historical knowledge, understanding of fashion, and wonderful writing language…
>>> Go to Pia's Vintage Style
She is just a girl from London's street. Very stylish, bright and meaningful. She shares her photos, her thoughts and her vintage style inspiration with us…
>>> Go to Solanah Vintage Fashion
Charming Solanah is the author of Vixen Vintage, a fabulous fashion blog about vintage…
>>> Go to A Vintage Market Backstage
One of the organisers of the Best Vintage Market in London gives an exclusive interview to Vintage Fashion Club…
>>> Go to Hats & Fascinators by Jessica Jones
I'm Jessica Jones, a young Modern Day Flapper, and I love all things vintage!
>>> Go to Sandra, shop owner of Babes in VintageLand
I have a natural talent towards styling for others. I seem to be able to visualize what works on who...
Come Back to check latest vintage fashion news.